Newbie in the neighborhood

Laszlo

14 mei 2023
Trophies
Hoi,

My name is Laszlo (25), I live in the Netherlands (Noord -Holland) for almost three years now. Unfortunately I do not speak dutch yet (i am learning it but I am still in the beginning of that journey) which greatly reduces the chance for me to find a team.
I always wanted to get into the sport and now it could be possible for me to do so.

I kinda put together my gear but did not ordered anything yet because preferably, I would like to make that step after I found a team.

Even if you can not recommend me a team I would be happy to hear your thoughts on if I should start playing this sport without a team or not.

Thanks for every helpful comments!

Hello Laszlo,

welcome to the forum,
First of all a question, are you familiar with the dutch laws regarding Airsoft?

If not, I highly recommend to first to get familiar with the laws.

Its absolutly not necessary to start with a team.
Airsofters a usually social creatures that are connecting quite easy.
Start a conversastion about how awesome the guys replicas are, ask if its upgraded or if you can shoot it a few times.
After trying this a few times you probaly already found a few nice guys which will take you up in there team for that day and have a good time.

My opinion is that maybe it is better to get familiar with the sport and rules first, see what you like, Indoor/ outdoor, CQB/ SpeedQB, big or small fields and after that you can search for a team that fits to you preference.

Greetings

Hi,
Thanks for the friendly welcome and for the quick reply!

Yes, I read about the rules and the laws. I know about NABV and the VOG certificate etc. Of course once I got my gear I will read the remaining parts which I missed.

I am following the sport for a few years now, watched a ton of videos and I genuinely feel drawn to the sport. I like guns and teamwork. I think I would like every types of games, each has it’s own charm (CQB, forest, open field, mil-sim). But mainly I would like to play because of the teamwork and to have fun with my fellow airsofters, so I am open for everything.

My biggest problem right now is to how to get to the events. I do not own a car and because of the law that is the only way. This is the reason why I would like to find a group/team before I start, but of course I am aware it is hard. When I get my gear I will find a way to solve this issue, I hope.

Good to here you are up to date with the airsoft laws.

For what I know the law does not forbid you to use public transportation to get to an airsoft location.

Some transportation companies have there own set of rules in which they forbid to transport airsoft guns when using there transportation.
But when you pack it in a way so it cant be reconized as a gun or gun related object, who will know?

But I must add, most airsoft location are very hard to reach when using publicist transportation.
So I understand that you prefer to have a team to carpool.

Greetings

Hi,

Actually that is a good point. I was not thinking about to use public transport, I thought it is better to not to.
I will check it out, when I am ready and tgere is no better option.

Thanks!